About This Blog


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Worry About Yourself


I don't get how you could focus on what someone else isn't doing right, when you're lacking mentally, physically, or spiritually.

I remember during my time attending the University of West Georgia, I sat down in the cafeteria with my then-girlfriend and her friend for a bite to eat.  I’m peeling the crust off of my sandwich, when her friend says with a very nasty look, “I’ve never seen a grown man sit there and peel the crust off his bread.”  Now I can honestly say that I’m not the person that I was in 2003 or 2004 when this incident occurred.  That guy and I had the same thoughts, but he’d never say the inappropriate ones out loud.

But what I was thinking was “Really fatty?  You’re giving me advice on things food-related?”  I wish I would’ve said what I was thinking.  In fact, I hope to God she reads this post so that she knows how I felt about her simple comment.  How can you give advice on food when you’re clearly overweight?  Why aren’t you peeling the crust?

Another thing I saw was an obese woman criticizing a homeless guy that smelled like alcohol.   No offense ma’am, but high blood pressure is much more dangerous than alcoholism.  Why do you even have energy to expend toward your opinion of this gentleman’s health when you’re clearly not representing for the top 10% of healthy Americans?

But I say all this, because I don’t seriously understand why it’s human nature to criticize or gossip about someone’s perceived negative traits, when you don‘t have it all together.

Let’s break it down to three categories.  I think we can agree to physical, spiritual, and morality.
If you’re lacking in any of these, then why are you even the slightest bit concerned with someone who you have no type of relationship with?

Maybe it’s just me, and I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority here, but I don’t care what happened recently to Paris Hilton, my co-worker with whom I never socialize, or that girl I went to high school with.  I’m so busy trying to perfect me that I really don’t have time to critique someone else with whom I have no relationship.

Thank God I’m not nosey.  Seems like quite a distracting trait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment